Friday 28 June 2013

Andy Murray and Serena Williams set for Las Vegas showdown in 'Battle Of the Sexes'



Serena Williams' iron grip on the women's game has reached such a level that even Andy Murray fancies taking on the American.

Williams showed she remains the immovable rock at the top of women's tennis with a comfortable 6-3 6-2 win over France's Caroline Garcia at Wimbledon yesterday, exhibiting none of the vulnerability that sent her rivals tumbling 24 hours earlier.



Murray, second-ranked in the highly competitive men's game, has seen enough to make him think the ultra-athletic Williams has the tools to give him a match, challenging her in his blog to a showdown in Las Vegas.



Williams is game, but she is not feeling confident.

"He wants to play me?," she said after moving into the third round. "Is he sure? That would be fun. I doubt I'd win a point, but that would be fun.

"He's probably one of the top three people I definitely don't want to play. But maybe we can have a little bit of a showdown," Williams added.

Should Murray and Williams ever set this up, the American wants it to be on her terms.



"I get alleys (tramlines)," she said. "He gets no serves. I get alleys on my serves, too. He gets no legs, yeah."

No comments:

Post a Comment