Monday 29 July 2013

Edgar Davids to don No 1 Jersey next season



Edgar steven Davids! Remember him? yes the man with the goggles. He is still very much involved in soccer as the former Dutch international plays as a midfielder for English club Barnet where he is also head coach.

The 40 year old is about to do what majority of the soccer family might think as unthinkable as he has declared that he will be wearing the “No.1″ jersey in midfield for the non-league side next season. 

I have not dug into files but this should be a first. However he plans to start a trend, having already worn the number throughout the Bees’pre-season so far.
“That is my number for the season,” Davids told the Barnet Times. “I am going to start this trend.” GBAM!

Davids’ hardly ground-breaking new trend has seen Barnet’s first-choice goalkeeper, Graham Stack, bumped down to the No.29 jersey for next term, though he’s not particularly arsed, telling the Times: 

”Squad numbers mean nothing to me and I’ve had a few over the years. So it is not an issue for me. Edgar Davids has asked to wear number one, he asked me what number I want and I said I didn’t mind.”

2 comments:

  1. Itunu no nid to dig into files.. Edgar Davids is not the first. av u heard of Pantelis Kafes?.. thank me later bro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. baba jus dey find attention ni jor.. next pls

    ReplyDelete