Tuesday 23 July 2013

Radwanska blasts the Catholic Community after she was dumped by the Religious Group



This time last week we were reporting a story that came out of Poland where the 4th best female tennis player in the world was being dumped by the Catholics because she participated in a nude shoot for ESPN magazine (HERE).

Well the Pole has responded and she was disapointed by the Christian organization.

"I was little disappointed," Radwanska told Reuters at the Bank of the West Classic where she is the top seed.

"I was really surprised about everything that happened afterward. The Catholics reacted like I did a photo shoot for a men's magazine. I was surprised because they didn't even know what I exactly the photo shoot was."

Three days ago, Radwanska took to Facebook to defend herself. She said she made the decision because "the press and subject in Poland was huge. It was just to show the people what the magazine actually was."

On Facebook, Radwanska said that the pictures were not meant to cause offence and that "to brand them as immoral clearly does not take into account the context of the magazine.

"Moreover, they do not contain any explicit imagery whatsoever. I train extremely hard to keep my body in shape and that's what the article and the magazine is all about.

"I agreed to participate to help encourage young people, and especially girls, to exercise, stay in shape and be healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment