Monday 29 July 2013

Snedeker credits rival’s wife for Canadian Open victory



Yesterday Sportunes brought to you a remarkable story of a golfer who had to forfeit his lead in a tournament because his wife went into labor (HERE).. well Mahan's wife has gone on to deliver a beautiful baby girl and the newly born has been promised a gift by Brandt Snedeker who won the just concluded Canadian Open. 

After Mahan walked away from a two-shot lead on Saturday, that cleared the way for Snedeker to take over top spot, Dustin Johnson tied for the lead, triple-bogeyed the 17th on Sunday to gift the FedExCup champion a three-shot victory.

The Victory came with a million dollar cheque and Snedeker will use some of the money to buy Hunter Mahan's new baby daughter Zoe a gift:

"Zoe will be getting a very nice baby gift from me," said Snedeker after his victory at Glen Abbey Golf Club.

"I can't thank Kandi (Mahan) enough for going into labour early, otherwise I don't know if I'd be sitting here if she hadn't.

"But that is a way more important thing than a golf tournament. I missed a golf tournament when my first was born and it was the best decision I ever made."

"I've been through this before when Kyle Stanley made a big number on the last hole and some people say he gave me the tournament," said Snedeker. "This is kind of right there with that.

"When Hunter was playing so great, he would have been tough to catch over the last two days but he's not here so there is no point in going down that road."

1 comment: