Sunday 20 October 2013

Evra calls Lizarazu and Fernandez "bums"


Patrice Evra has lashed out at his critics in France, calling former players Bixente Lizarazu and Luis Fernandez "bums". Evra, who was banned for five international games by the French federation after the 2010 World Cup farce when players went on strike, said both former players had unfairly criticised him."My public image is good. It's not these bums who will tarnish my image," the Manchester United fullback told French television channel TF1 in an interview aired Today.

"I'm not arrogant. It's the truth, those people will never have my honours, they have never won anything.

"People who see me in the streets are very kind with me. It's only a few commentators.

"I have been told that Luis Fernandez (was speaking ill of me)... In 2008, I gave him a tour of Old Trafford and he was like he was at Euro Disney.

"When he got the PSG keys, apart from sucking Chupa Chups (lollipops) and dance Macarena by the pitch, I don't know what he's achieved," Evra added.

Evra is very wrong, i might agree on him once being the best in the position, but him not knowing what Luis Fernandez has achieved says so much about his Intellect! The Spanish born French international was part of the team that won France's first ever major trophy when they were crowned European champions on home soil in 1984. He absolutely played an integral role in the team alongside Jean Tigana, Alain Giresse, and Michel Platini in the so-called carré magique ("magic square"), which was arguably the best in the world.

Personally i'm saying Merci Beaucoup to Mr Luis Fernandez for bring the most charismatic player football has ever seen - Ronaldinho Gaucho to Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment