Friday 26 July 2013

Usain Bolt Shatters season record as he cruises to Victory in London


Any doubts over Usain Bolt's form going into next month's world championships were cleared as the big Jamaican strolled to the 100 metres victory at the London Diamond League meeting this night.


Star attraction: Bolt wins the 100m in the showpiece event of the weekend

The world record holder overcame a dreadful start to blast past the field over the second half of the race and win in a season's best 9.85 seconds, well ahead of American Michael Rodgers (9.98) and Jamaican Nesta Carter (9.99).

It was a triumphant return to the Olympic stadium where Bolt dazzled the crowds at last year's London Games on his way to winning three gold medals.

"I had a bad start... it's not the best part of my game but I did ok," Bolt told the BBC.

"If I'm in good shape I always think I'm going to do well. My start was poor and I need to work on that. To make a perfect race I need to make a good start and just get in to the race. Hopefully I can make a good time at Moscow and continue to do well."

Bolt, who will look to regain his world title in the Russian capital after he was disqualified from the 2011 final in Daegu for a false start, was happy to lap up the adulation from 60,000 fans.

"It's so wonderful to compete in London, it's a brilliant experience to be here again," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment