Wednesday 7 August 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Paul Lambert, Tácio Caetano Cruz Queiroz, Mustapha Dumbuya

Paul Lambert

Paul Lambert - Aston Villa v Chelsea

Paul Lambert is 44 today. He is a Scottish professional football manager and former player who is the manager of Aston Villa. Lambert played for both Dortmund and Celtic, With Dortmund He became the first Scottish player to win the European Cup with a non-UK team and the first British player to win it since its reformation as the Champions League. He also won numerous trophies with Celtic where he won four league titles and 3 Scottish cups.

Tácio Caetano Cruz Queiroz


Tácio Caetano Cruz Queiroz is 33 today. He is a Brazilian footballer who plays for Fluminense de Feira. He can highly be regarded as the journeyman of Brazillian football a he spent his last 12 years in 10 different clubs.

Mustapha Dumbuya

Mustapha Dumbuya


Mustapha Dumbuya is 26 today. He is a professional Sierra Leonean footballer who plays as a defender for League One side Notts County. 

 Dumbuya was five years old when he fled his country to start a new life in England along with his mother and brother after his country was on a Civil War. His father was in the country working for the army. He said:"I was born in Sierra Leone and came here when I was five. With the civil war happening all around us, my mum got me out. I went to London to live with my mum and brother. Obviously everything has settled down now over there and it’s a beautiful country. My dad is still over there, though. He works for the army. We came to England and had to build a new life – it has been tough – but now I have the opportunity to play for my country."

No comments:

Post a Comment