Sunday 17 August 2014

Colombian Lawyer Sues FIFA For N200 BILLION

Soccer - FIFA World Cup 2014 - Group D - Uruguay v England - Estadio Do Sao Paulo

Story coming out of Colombia is that a 74 year old lawyer is taking world football governing body FIFA to court for the obscurest of all reasons. Aurelio Jimenez is suing Sepp Blatter and his cronies for TWO HUNDRED BILLION NAIRA (roughly £800million) after the controversial decisions, made by Spanish referee Carlos Velasco Carballo during Colombia’s quarter-final defeat to Brazil caused him to wind up in hospital with a broken heart.

Jimenez told the BBC World Service:

“I felt very bad, I was heartbroken, my cardiac rhythm was altered and my relatives took me to the emergency room at the hospital.

“I was surrounded by my grandchildren who were crying a lot.”

“I decided to sue FIFA in the Colombian judiciary system because in the past world soccer championship in Brazil, there were many wrongdoings related to referees who damaged many countries and their selections, among them the Colombia team.”

“Moreover, FIFA’s referees caused big moral damages and distress to Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, England, Uruguay, Mexico and Costa Rica.”



I'm too sure FIFA president Sepp Blatter is having a good laugh wherever he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment