Tuesday 27 August 2013

Papiss Cisse opens his doors to Newcastle United fans as he throws BBQ party (Photos)

cisse3

Papiss Cisse's misdemeanor for the better part of the summer has been well documented by Sportunes, It was tension galore between the Senegalese striker and his club Newcastle after he initially refused to wear the new Wonga kit based on religious grounds (HERE). The forward has since turned a new leaf as he's been donning the jersey since the start of the season, and it seems the 28 year old is trying to win back the hearts of the toons too.

cisse4

cisse2

Over the weekend, he invited a small gaggle of Newcastle fans around for a BBQ in his back garden, though his guests were also given a tour of his house while the younger members of the group also played a bit of pool and FIFA 13 with their No.9 before he surprised them with personalised replica shirts and a kickabout on his lawn.

Cisse told the Chronicle:

“I’ve liked it here from day one. I feel very much at home. I like the area and the supporters and the city. For me now it is all about making them happy.

“For me, [engaging with the fans] is an obligation, a duty if you like. To me, when I pull on the shirt it is for the fans.

“When I first came here I didn’t realise so many kids and so many fans would feel the way they do about me. Now my duty is to make them happy for as long as I can do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment